Sunday, January 29, 2012

How Can We Encourage?

How are we at encouraging one another? 
I often think of Hebrews 10:24, especially lately, and wonder how I am doing?  How am I encouraging other believers to continue on in love and good deeds?  Am I doing it myself?  Do we do a good job of that? 
I am so thankful to have people in my life who encourage me to not give up doing good and pursuing love and to do it all out of an overflow of what Christ has done for me.  That is a blessing I don't deserve.  What if people aren't loving and kind? And what if they don't pursue love and good deeds toward you?
I am reminded of Christ and His sufferings.  He took all the ridicule and spite and he had people accusing Him of being someone He was not.  And He was GOD!  And I am having my pity party when I feel misunderstood.  Aye yie yie!  What is man that You were mindful of him and who am I oh God that You would know my name?!  I am overwhelmed all over again at a God who would love me so much that He would send His only Son to die for sin.  And the words of the song echo over and over again, "How He loves us, Oh how He loves us!"
Every time I want to complain or have a pity party, I try to bring myself back to this one amazing truth.  It changes EVERYTHING!  And it doesn't mean I don't burst into spontaneous tears or feel sad.  It just means that in the midst of any day, of any menial task...  from the stinkiest diaper or the naughtiest kid, to the heart break that comes when people do not speak truth about God... I have a living hope that never changes.  The Rock that can not be moved.  I serve a God who plans and perfects every part of the universe!  And yes, He loves me!  Hallelujah, all I have is Christ!  And He is all I need. 
How can we encourage?  Focus on THAT truth, and God will show us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment